ways to be kind
Things lately haven't been the easiest around here as we may be hoping for.
Lots of things piling up and sitting solidly in my stomach. And keeping me awake at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am... Finally to fall asleep at 5.30ish as the light comes up.
I am trying to be kind to myself. To be gentle and soft. To have few expectations of myself. To see the good in the little moments around me.
I haven't felt this tired since.... well maybe since I had Ross River Fever combined with Barmah Forest Virus. Or maybe since I was breastfeeding two children at once... Anyway. Tiredness adds to the overwhelming feeling of everything.
I know all the things I have to complain about are nothing compared to so so SO many people around this planet of ours. And I know I have to put it into perspective. But sometimes it's ok to mope and feel down as well.
Things I'm doing to be kind to myself. To find some quiet and peace and simple joy amongst it all. ::
- daily creative. Crochet, weaving, styling and taking photos, writing
- picking flowers for our home
- sticking things on the wall that make me happy to look at
- reminding myself with verbal quotes - visual cues help too
- hugging my kids when they need it and when i need it
- walking outside in the forest and the fresh air
- ignoring the outside noise that keeps pushing in in in to my brain (oh these school holidays really are stretching us to the limit of patience with both children, who will not stop talking or making noice of any sort. And yes- both my kids talk in their sleep!)
- seeing friends and just being with them - creative conversation is sometimes hard to make; it's ok to sit and be together quietly
- telling myself stories and dreams and planning new adventures
- thinking about a little getaway on my own or with my man (boy do we need some time away together!)
- I bought myself a new pair of sunglasses and they have a rosey tint. I've decided I'm looking at life with a rosey hue this year.
What do you do when you need to be kind to yourself? When life is throwing lots of things at you and you are trying hard to stay afloat?